Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Double Burger well Done

This week started like the last few have , receiving  "Little Boxes of 
Happiness" and installing parts as quick as possible. 
All has been quiet with our new friends from Chicago, as we wait  
for our flooring to come back from the factory, In all fairness Bill 
did warn me to be patient and we are doing our best. I think  Suzanne 
is more excited than I am because the flooring was her call.

VIP upholstery has set up shop and started the headliner and walls.
I know this is odd that we have saved this part for what seems like last
but there is a  reason for this. I stated in my last post that we were
rebuilding the fuelishness starting from the front and working our 
way to the back. True to form Scott has started in the master cabin.
I'm helping by striping and prepping the window pockets.


I'm not saying this because he's working for us but Scott sure is exacting
and precise about his work. If the window pockets are just a sample of 
his skill then we are certainly in for a treat in the final finish.
As Scott finishes the pockets I'm working behind him beginning with
the installation of the port windows.

I have previously tore the windows apart and cleaned and polished 
all the stainless frames and windows to make them like new and ready 
to go.

The dash panels are back and wow are they super nice or what ?
My friend Derrick Baugh recommended Jason and his company
MidWest Hydro Designs   http://www.midwesthydrodesigns.com/
This guy is amazing he can do almost anything and get some smoking 
results , you have to see these panels in person , just beautiful.
I'm very fortunate to have Bruce Bonebrake working for me, he's my production 
manager and does a great job. Bruce was the host of the DIY network show 
the  Weekend Mechanic and he really enjoys ( like I do ) a great project.
Bruce is an absolute wizard with wiring and circuits, He will be joining in
on the dash project.  
So for now Big Scott Burger from VIP is the flavor of the week and his work
is spot on and well done. http://vipupholsteryandinteriordesign.com/
Check out some of  the Gallery pages these people are truely professionals.

Next Up :  Pirates never Surrender

No comments:

Post a Comment