Friday, March 1, 2013

Are We There Yet ?

This blog is being written to chronicle the events of our current boat
"The Full Blown Fuelishness" and our plans to repair some nagging problems and what we learned in the process. 
Let me first introduce myself , I'm Kent Eberhart and I have been a "River Rat" pretty much all my life, even  when it wasn't cool to be known by the title. But big thanks to River Bill for bringing back the term via the t-shirts and  making it cool once again.
My wife Suzanne and I have been together since 2000 and she is my best boating buddy and my all around go to gal.  I'm sure  you get the picture, I have my best times with her and wouldn't change that for anything.

Currently our boat is on the hard in our warehouse and has been there since the fall of 2011.
How did that happen? In the beginning we had thought that we could get all the issues solved through the winter of 2011 and launch in the spring of 2012. Sounds like a good plan doesn't it?
Hey we even made a list of things we were going to do, and all was well with the world.  
Well when the boat came out of the water we got a few surprises and some were not too pleasant. 
Now after adding to our list all the new found surprises, we knew we were in for a much longer ride than  we ever anticipated in the beginning.      

Yes I missed a boating season, and Yes it was an especially difficult one to miss too. You see Suzanne and I recently moved from "the burbs" of Rosewood Heights to a loft apartment in downtown Alton complete with an awesome view of the river and Alton Marina, so picture this  "Kent sitting on the deck watching everybody else go boating" .  OUCH !!! Oh well at least it's shaded.

            
So now I find myself  just like a little kid on his first long car trip and every 2 minutes from the back seat .     " Are we there yet"?   or as it is in my case   "Is It Done Yet" ?   

Up next : A Very Lucky Guess

       

No comments:

Post a Comment