Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Shakedown Cruise

Billy eased the Fuelishness back into the water, I fired the engines and
checked for leaks. Nothing appeared out of order and the sweet
humm of the supercharged 502's had the hair on back of my neck
standing on end. We all talked and waited as the engines temp
gauges crept ever closer to operating temprature, after a few
more minutes I did a final check and closed the engine hatch.
As I did I felt the boat slide fully off the trailer. We were now
floating free of the trailer and on our own, back in the element
from which we had came. I rounded up the crew and cast off.
As we headed out to the channel our mission was dual purpose
of sorts, our primary mission was to shakedown the Fuelishness
and find any weak spots in her armour that we needed to tweak.
But the secondary purpose we were out to fullfill was to find a 
beautiful spot in the river for my long time friend Dennis Berry
to get married, thats right married !!!  
So we cruised for a bit and Dennis pointed to spot in the river  that
we don't often stop at but has a great view of the bridge. I pulled 
the throttles back and we explored the area looking  for good depth
and slow current. We found what we all agreed would be the ideal
setting. I took some mental notes of land points as the plans we have 
for Dennis and Jessie's wedding include me being the first on scene
to mark the spot for others to gather. More on that later.
Right now I'm ready for a boat ride...


And I cant think of a better crew to have : Dennis and Dustin Berry 
with Ronnie Thorp manning the camera.
             
Join us for the shakedown ride---click the link below---Courtesy of Ronnie Thorp
 https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=522501287826790&set=vb.100002007693402&type=2&theater

It was a great day !!!!

Up Next : A Boat Wedding ???

No comments:

Post a Comment