Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tough Decisions

There are times in our lives when the stars and the planets just don't align, Those are 
the moments that we wish to be relieved of the burden of decision making. 
At times the decisions are easy and the tasks are hard, sometimes just the opposite.
These past few days with the Fuelishness is definitely the latter of the two. 
I have tough decisions to make. Several weeks ago as the holiday approached I kinda 
knew that the planets were going to have to align perfectly to get us in the water. 
Being always the optimist (" the glass is half full ") I never let my spirit drop in the
face of each problem that has confronted me. But now I must face the final issues that 
are keeping me from finishing my project and getting the Fuelishness in her dock.
Whats left is a mix of areas , the first one is the dash, yea the dash, Didn't we all think 
that was in our past. I certainly did. As my son Dylan would say " Your Dash is a Fail Dad" 
And he would be right, But it's not the fault of the vendor , this just may an application
that Hydro dip may not be suited for or a possible product failure. No matter the answer
it is a setback that will really affect launch date. So now I have choices, do I re-run the
hyro-dip and pray for better results? or do some sort of art & paint process here at my shop?
or send the existing panels to Livorisi Marine to copied in real carbon fiber? 
See I told you this would not be easy. And there is one more choice that I didn't mention 
because it just doesn't seem to be much of an option and that would be to just run the
peeling panels. 

This is what happened when I snugged up the screws, the clear coat flaked off around
the screw holes. Those panels we so nice, this is just a shame, And  a real setback in the
program as well, because I have no true explanation that will help me find a solution to 
this problem. time will tell, I'm sure.

The next big book of choices has been the drives , but I'm happy to say that as I write
this post some finalization has come to relieve me at a time when relief is a very welcome
thing. A new set of drives are being prepped to be shipped to Illinois as I write this and 
we should see them in the coming week or so. My friend Dennis is feeling much better
lately and has the transom housings completely under control. Even though there were
many questions choices surrounding the drives, it didn't stress me out as much as some
of the other stuff, and that's because someone I trust is giving me all the information to 
make good informed decisions. 

The past week has not been a total load of crap, no sir. In fact Scott from VIP came to visit
and really put the icing on the cake. He installed the cockpit interior that we had stashed
away earlier in the project. Scott meticulously installed the drivers seat making sure that
drop out mechanism worked smooth like butter and each piece fit the next and all the 
double stitch seams were in perfect alignment. Just cant say enough good stuff about
Scott and Cheryl from VIP. Take a look and you'll see what I'm talking about.


So as you can see it's taking shape and that alone puts the wind in my sails.
And as far as the tough decisions go, I've got my work cut out for me.


Up Next: Every Little Thing

2 comments:

  1. Cockpit interior looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, did ya hit the mega, mega, mega lottery? Did ya ever consider what type of a Sea Ray ya could have purchased for this type of investment? Did ya ever hear of a boat and the law of diminishing returns?

    Oh well, ya will have a jewel.....All the best!

    ReplyDelete