Monday, April 29, 2013

Setting the Stage


I got the scoop  from Suzanne on the phone call we got from our upholstery people.
The call was to let us know that they would be dropping off the cockpit interior as
opposed to them holding it to the end and installing it. What we have in mind as 
we work to completion is that we are starting in the cabin and working our way out. 
So the cockpit interior will not be trampled on as we work on other things I'll be
storing all of it in a separate area to keep it nice and fresh till we are ready to
install it. 
All safely tucked away and ready for install
New Logos look great


 The next few days will be interesting as we pull together all the final elements
for the project. This mornings e-mail had some correspondence from Bill
at Great Lakes Teak , we received our CAD drawings for the decking, I'm very
happy about this. In the beginning when Suzanne was selling me the "Yachtsville"
program the teak flooring seemed real cool I but don't wear shoes much in the
boat and carpet was sounding better. After seeing Bill's work and the overall look 
of the product with the cockpit interior, I'm sold.
This is the CAD sheet that the computer will follow to cut the material, at the last 
minute we added the front foot rests and cabin stairs, we think it completes the job.

Last  but not least my long time friend Dennis Berry removed those very sad
Bravo 3 lower units  for reconditioning. Dennis and I agree that in a perfect world 
we would replace the cases, if not the complete drives. Well,  I don't live any
where near perfect, so sandblasting and epoxy paint will have to do.
Dennis will be servicing the gimbals housings, welding some bad spots ,
resealing the cases,  replacing the internal shift cables, new anodes and
all the ground cables. During Dennis and my last conversation 
we were talking about all the elements of the repairs and somehow I was put in
charge of "making those drives pretty". Hey wait , I've heard that before. The last guy
who said that to me ended up being a pirate. Maybe Dennis has a little captain in him.
No matter what I sure wont be sweating the work quality, Captain Dennis has that
part nailed down. ARRGH !!

Getting the drive job started completes the list , the stage is set .

Up Next :  Double Burger -- done to perfection
  
              

No comments:

Post a Comment