Friday, March 15, 2013

Something Good from Something Bad

So now I am  faced with a very overwhelming amount of repairs, more than I ever thought I would have to deal with. I'm not even sure where to start. So to get a fresh view of all this I get my
"go to gal " involved. Suzanne looks at the whole project and says to me make me a complete list of every thing that you want to do to the boat. 
So the very first Saturday following my talk with Suzanne, I went to the shop at 7am and with a notepad,  flashlight, masking tape and a Sharpie. I spent the entire day just inspecting every inch of  the "Fuelishness" and writing a list of things to fix , replace or upgrade. I have to say that at the end of  the day I felt really good. So with list in hand Suzanne and I sit down to discuss the project,  and as we begin to talk about the redo Suzanne asks me if this is all I want to do.
My answer was " There's probably a few things I skipped". Her answer back was a great one,
she said " You lost the season, not the time , finish the list , make something good out of something bad". 

The List goes like this :

  • Fix all Scratches and Chips in Exterior
  • Remove unused Hardware on Exterior (Old Cover Hooks)
  • Seriously Polish all the Stainless Trim and Rails 
  • Replace all the Cup Holders 
  • Custom Cockpit Table 
  • Extended Swim Platform with hidden Ladder
  • Replace Headliner and Wall Coverings
  • Replace Interior Carpet
  • Replace Exterior Snap-in Carpets
  • Replace Anchor line with All-Chain
  • Upgrade Windlass Controls at Bow 
  • Recondition Dash Panels 
  • Reconfigure Dash Layout 
  • Add IPAD to replace Stereo in Dash
  • Recondition Exterior Cabinet Latches
  • Recover the Cockpit Seating
  • Upgrade Exterior Sound System
  • Replace Bumpers and Dock Lines 
  • Replace Enclosure Side and Front Windows
  • Replace Deck Hatches 
  • Recover Foredeck Sun Pad  and Cover 
  • Replace Gas struts for rear Sunpad 
  • Install Dri-Deck in Storage Compartments
  • Re-condition all exterior Fiberglass 
  • Re-stripe the exterior 
  • Relamp entire boat with LED    
So now with a complete list at hand I'll be  getting bids for all the work I can't do myself and prices on materials and supplies for the work that I can do. 

Looks like it's game on!





Up Next:   A place to start
  


         

1 comment:

  1. That's a long list of repairs, Kent! You should seek a professional to make sure that your boat is in good hands. When your boat is at stake, it's going to be a little costly; so better do it properly on the first try to experience no hassle at all.

    Delena Millener @ Parts Karavan Trailer

    ReplyDelete