Friday, May 31, 2013

Setting the Stage Again

Going into the final weeks I am still receiving UPS shipments and working
with vendors. The vendor this week is Great Lakes Teak. I actually started
working with these guys in the middle of the winter and I'm sure at times
Bill probably figured I was pulling his chain. So this is a great testament 
to his patience and understanding for what I was up against and how the
timing was very critical. Anyway it was an absolute pleasure to work with
Bill and Jeff on this project.
I think that the outcome is so worth the effort and investment, check out
the pictures a I'm sure you will agree.
Suzanne and I worked a couple of nights getting ready for the installation.
We removed all the loose items and wiped down the  floor and surrounding
areas with 3-M Adhesive Remover as kind of first strike cleaner to remove
any stray remains of previous projects. This all went well and it cleaned up
great, with the exception of some odd little red marks that we found about
an inch or so above  the floor on the side walls, they were very thin and ran
horizontal to the floor and varried in length from a half an inch to an inch
long. As we worked to get them off we talked about what in the world they
could be and where they could have come from. It was rather warm that
evening as we worked so we took frequent breaks and at one point we had
stopped for a moment to cool down, as I sat next to Suzanne and looked
down at the floor we had just cleaned I also noticed that Suzanne's toe nail
polish was the same shade of  red as those little marks. Mystery solved.
All in total we were quite pleased with the prep job as we turned the
the "Fuelishness" over to our new friends from Chicago.

This what we gave them to work with , squeeky clean and no toe nail marks.
This is what they gave usback , Nice trade we think. This is the start of the finish.
We cant walk on it for 24hrs Bill's orders, so this time tommorrow we will
be covering the floor with shipping blankets and preparing for the Stereo Guys.
While we wait for the Stereo guys my long time friend and production Mgr.
Bruce Bonebrake and I will attack that giant mess as known as the dash.
In truth I have really been looking forward to the dash project as I really enjoy
projects with Bruce as I usually learn something , in the way of a new skill or
a unique way to do something. Bruce has a nack for teaching that comes from
his days as the host of his show on the DIY network "The Weekend Mechanic".




            My final thoughts on this phase, I really like the teak flooring even though in the
 beginning I kinda didnt want it because I like to go barefoot in the boat. I dont see this
being a problem  as I took my shoes off and tried it , it'll be fine. I do have to add that 
for some reason I ended up getting way too many bids on the teak flooring and that just 
made it confusing as there are a lot of different ways to do teak decking.
I can  now say from experience that using real professionals like Great Lakes Teak
is the real way to go as it sure made this phase completely painless.
These guys were a lot of fun and very personable and most all big time honest.

Big Thanks to Bill and Jeff


Next up : New Tunes and a Dash

No comments:

Post a Comment