Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Final Days 1

These final days are upon us and with them brings an element of excitement.
The weekend was spent refreshing the bottom paint and repairing the 
ragged waterline. After sanding the test section we realized that 
wrapping the entire boat in  plastic was the only answer to the mess that
was to come. It was kinda like ripping open a vacume cleaner bag and shaking
it, I'm sure Mike Roe would agree that this would qualify as a "Dirty Job".
 I had an unusual guest helper for this project and It was Suzanne. 
I have to tell you that of all the jobs for Suzanne to volunteer for this was the
dirtyest , nastyest , funkyest thing on my list and yet I heard no complainants 
about anything. " I think Suzanne wants to go boating -- BAD!" 
She even took on the worst two spots on boat, the exhaust pockets, and
kicked  there asses.
I'm being honest these exhaust pockets were full of thick, cracked,  anti-fouling 
that looked like someone put it on with a sock. I was  impressed when she asked
if this was OK . I was real impressed when we painted them.


This is  a shot from the stern, prepped wrapped and ready to be painted. It was
late when we finished on saturday night. So we washed out the dust and decided 
that we would paint it sunday morning.       
I think this part impressed me the most about Suzannes prep job, I'll bet these exhaust
pockets didnt look this good when the boat was built. Check off another thing that has 
bugged me for a long time. 

On monday morning we  got a visit from Xtreme Carpet Cleaners of  Granite City they 
were recomended by a friend who is in the carpet business and he just could'nt  say enough
nice stuff about these guys. After seeing the job they did on my cabin carpets it'll be 
me who also can't say enough nice things about Xtreme Carpet Cleaners. These folks
specialize in stain removal and they are absolute magicians.         
     Before
After
These guys did a great job on the carpets and  cabin is now complete , I have some
small issues in the dash to correct and some outdrive work to finish up on and
I'll be looking  for a ride to the river. The next few days should be interesting
as far as final inspection and last minute details.

Next up : Final Days 2  

No comments:

Post a Comment