Monday, July 15, 2013

Every Little Thing

Last week was a week of sorting out all the unfinished details. The time  was
needed and well used, decisions have been made and a plan has emerged.
With time slipping away (boating season) Suzanne and I have decided that we 
will run the gauge panels that we have for now and revisit this issue in the fall
or in the off season. Dennis and I are on a mission for upper drive gears. My
job is to clean and paint the gimbal housings, as well as the bell housings and
steering forks. Once done we will be reassembling drives and doing final cleaning 
add some touch up paint at the waterline and we should then be making preparations
to go to the water. ( Sounds easy ? ) ( ha-ha)

In the meantime I still have a list of every little thing that you can imagine.

It all ranges from carpet cleaning to test running  the engines. With a whole lot
of little things in between.

So here we go to the home stretch and to the wire, hang on friends it's going to be close.

Wow, got a little carried away didn't I ? I suppose that this whole project has become 
something of a very long car ride and now we're in that slap happy state that we find
ourselves in at the end of the trip.That is pretty much my condition now. 



  
          
As you can see from the photos above its a lot of little things and the little things make a
huge difference to me . The top photo is a light fixture that was problematic forever and 
is now being replaced. 2nd photo down is the cabin carpet , it's pretty dirty from  all the foot 
traffic during the headliner replacement, I'd say its borderline at best but we will see.
Last but not least are two photos of the antifouling on my boat, the uneven lines and 
lack of sanding at the top edge has always drove me nuts. I have to say that it seems 
to me that if you do bottom paint and all that shows is the 2" inches above the 
waterline you should be sure as anything  that those 2" are as perfect as possible.
Nice sharp lines and well sanded would be a good start. 
I almost started getting up on my soapbox, but rather I'll just post my work photos of 
the repaired line and the quality that I expect will be no greater than my own capabilities. 

PS : Oldman river has seen fit to give me another week or so of work time as the river level
has been dropped in anticipation of  increased volume from the upper pool. I not sure 
about you but where I'm from that's  preparing for highwater and highwater is a flood. 
Well we all hope thats not the case.
    



Next Up : Details -- Details -- Details  

  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment