Wednesday, March 20, 2013

X Marks the Spot

Start day arrives  Lehman is on time and ready to work, He and I begin by walking around the boat and tape marking all the repair spots and comparing those to the estimate he had written previously. His estimates are unique in the fact that a small line drawing of a boat in the upper portion of the estimate is marked with the locations of the repairs to be done. I really like this feature as  it certainly takes the guess work out of what is to be done. I attached some pictures of some of the areas to repair.

This area is just under the bow roller for the anchor, Lehman found it during the primary inspection, I thought it was just a stain at first , wow I was wrong. 
This spot is in the port rear vent section, the scratches in the stripes are actually deep gouges and the circle with the dot in the middle was a loop post for a cover I didn't get with the boat.

This area is at the stern, the two small holes close to each other are the  mounting holes for a finger hook for a cover I don't have. Starting right here and working  my way to the right there are 15 of these double hole sets and Lehman will be removing them all.  
Now that all the repair spots are identified , Joe "Lehman's helper" begins buffing his way around the hull with Lehman following , repairing and fairing. I had done a test section prior to the guys starting the repairs, so I know what the finish should look like.
Here's a shot of the test section I did before repairs started , amazingly the color of the test area 
matched the gel coat that Lehman ordered almost to a tee. The gel coat will still require some tint work, just a lot less that I thought in the beginning.
I have to say that these guys did a real good job of all the things they promised they would do, and that really means allot these days.

So while the guys are buffing and repairing I have time to locate some needed parts.Suzanne and I have not yet found an upholstery company for this project and so the search continues. 



Up Next : Going, Going , Gone    

             

  
           

No comments:

Post a Comment